Dr. Jacob Mathew Kadampuzha
Dr. Jacob Mathew completed his MBBS from Government Medical College, Kottayam, MS(General Surgery) from St. Johns Medical College Hospital, Bangalore and Mch in Gastrointestinal Surgery from Government Medical College, Trivandrum. His previous work experience prior to joining here at VPS Lakeshore as Specialist in the Department of GI Surgery & Liver Transplantation, includes being Assistant Surgeon at Kerala State Health Service, Senior Resident/Lecturer in General Surgery and Cardiothoracic Surgery at St. Johns Medical College Hospital, Bangalore and Senior Resident in GI Surgery at Government Medical College, Trivandrum.
- Effect of Glutamine supplementation on Infectious Morbidity and Mortality in patients operated for Secondary Peritonitis - Postgraduate Thesis for MS General Surgery
- Low Anterior Resection Syndrome in patients operated for Rectal cancer - created a questionnaire, collected and analysed data as part of research activities in the department.
- Malignancy in Chronic pancreatitis - involved in data collection and analysis as part of research activities in department and involved in publication of data related to PanIn lesions in chronic pancreatitis.
- Involved in compiling multiinstitutional database on Colorectal Cancer and Chronic Pancreatitis.
- Mathew J, Rajaneesh N, Rozario A. Novel Use of Purse String Anoscope for Transanal Surgery (Surgical Innovation), Journal of Colo-Rectal Diseases, July - September 2007
- Sindhu, R. S., Parvathy, G., Fysal, K., Jacob, M. K., Geetha, S., Krishna, B., ... & Rajan, R. (2015). Clinical profile of PanIN lesions in tropical chronic pancreatitis. Indian Journal of Gastroenterology, 34(6), 436-441.
- Valappil FK, Rajan R, Natesh B, Sindhu RS, Raviram S, Mathew J. Evaluation of Gold’s nomogram for predicting recurrence-free survival in gastrointestinal stromal tumors in Indian patients. Indian Journal of Gastroenterology. 2016 Jun 3:1-4.
- H Ramesh, Mathew J. Controversies in Pancreatic Cancer. GI Surgery Annual 2016.