Dr. Krishnakumar R.
Consultant Spine Surgeon
DNB,D Ortho, MNAMS, Fellowship in Spine Surgery(USA,Singapore)
Dr Krishnakumar is an Internationally Fellowship trained Spine and Scoliosis surgeon with vast experience in managing spine disorders. He completed his undergraduation in medicine and postgraduation in orthopaedics from Government medical college,Trivandrum. He completed clinical hands-on spine fellowship from Singapore General Hospital.
- 2012 - received Scoliosis Research Society´s (SRS, USA) Global Outreach Fellowship at Wasington University with Dr Lawrence G Lenke
- 2013 - received three major international awards
- ISSLS International Spine Fellowship during the 40th Annual Meeting of ISSLS at Scottsdale, USA
- Eurospine Travel grant for young spine surgeons at Eurospine, Liverpool, UK
- Scoliosis Research Society´s (SRS, USA) inaugural Robert Winter Spine Fellowship which was done at Istanbul Spine Centre, Florence Nightingale Hospital
He has described a new clinical sign in Orthoapedics "Sternum into Abdomen Deformity" along with Dr Lawrence G Lenke, which was published in the prestigious Spine Journal 2015. He also established the largest Scoliosis Support Group in India comprising of more than 200 patients and their families.
He has published research articles in various scientific journals including American Journal of Orthopaedics, Spine, The Spine Journal, Asian Spine Journal, Neurology(USA), Global Spine Journal, Neurology India, NMCJ, J ortho, KJO and serves as scientific reviewer for major orthopaedic spine journals including The Spine Journal – Official Journal of North American S pine Society,Indian Journal of Medical Research,Journal of Spine-USA,Journal of Clinical Imaging Science-USA,Journal of Orthopaedic Case Reports,BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders and Current Orthopaedic Practice.
He had earlier served as chief orthopaedic spine surgeon, clinical associate professor and spine fellowship trainer at Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Cochin. Dr Krishnakumar serves as AOSPINE INDIA council as delegate member from South India. Dr. Krishnakumar practices extensively in the areas of deformity correction such as scoliosis surgery, spinal tumor surgery, degenerative spine surgery and minimally invasive spine surgery for disc prolapse , spine fracture and spinal fusion.